NIFTEM-Food Microbiology and safety-BAS 212- End Semester Question Paper Dec 2017- 3rd Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NIFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. Write a note on the industrial applicability of molds.
2. Explain the role of halophiles in food spoilage.
3. How the biological structure of food provide protection against spoilage?
4. Explain the role of oxygen on the growth of microbes in foods.
5. What do you mean by spoilage of meat? Explain.
6. Discuss the quality defects of milk caused by microbes.
7. describe botulism and its symptoms.
8. Write a note on foodborne intoxication.
9. Discuss the production of alcohol by fermentation.
10. Explain the manufacturing of yogurt?
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. Describe the type of microorganisms and their role in food microbiology.
2. List the extrinsic factor and explain their effect microbial growth in food.
3. Explain the chemical changes caused by microorganisms in food during spoilage.
4. Discuss the design and functioning of the stirred tank batch fermentor with a suitable figure.
5. What is a foodborne disease? Explain commonly occurring foodborne diseases with symptoms
and methods of prevention?
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected by Soumen Roy