NIFTEM-Electronic Engineering ENG 122- End Semester Question Paper Jun 2017- 2nd Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. Explain the working of Zener diode as a voltage regulator.
2. Perform the conversions-
(a) (256.12)8 → ( )10
(b) (1011.00)2→ ( )16
(c) (5CB)16 → ( )10
3. Draw and explain BJT Common emitter configuration.
4. Describe the current-voltage characteristics of p- channel JFET.
5. Explain the working principle of SCR.
6. Differentiate between DIAC and TRIAC.
7. Minimize the following function using K-Map.
F= A’. B’. C’. D’ + A’. B. C’. D + A’. B’. C. D’ + A. B’. C. D’ + A’. B. C’. D’ + A’. B’. C’. D
8. Explain the working of D flip flop.
9. Calculate the output voltage from the circuit for an input of 120µ.
10. Calculate the output voltage from the circuit. the inputs are V2= 50mV and V1= 10mV ?
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. Determine Vo for the following network for the input indicated. Assume ideal diode.
2. Explain the characteristics and construction of n- channel JFET.
3. Describe the construction, operation, and characteristics of DIAC.
4. Design a combinatorial circuit to convert 4 bit binary data to Gray code.
5. Calculate the output voltage (Vo) using the circuit for values Rf= 470KΩ, R1= 4.7KΩ, R3= 47KΩ, and R3= 47KΩfor an input of 80mV.
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected by Soumen Roy