NIFTEM-General Microbiology- End Semester Question Paper Jun 2017- 2nd Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. What are the cell organelles present in bacteria? Give those schematically with the help of a figure.
2. How do bacteria get their nutrients?
3. What is Micrometry? State its significance.
4. How do bacteria reproduce? Explain in detail.
5. What is Freeze-drying? Explain in detail.
6. What is the need of preserving bacteria? State the names of those methods.
7. What is conjugation? Explain it in detail.
8. Which extrachromosomal circular DNA is present in the bacteria? Give its properties.
9. What is the significance of studying Air Microbiology?
10. What are the roles of microbes in industries?
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. What is the mechanism and principle of a compound microscope?
2. Which are the various phases of the Growth curve? Explain each phase in detail and comment on the generation time.
3. Which methods are used to control the microbial populations? Give suitable examples or the conditions of such methods.
4. What is the difference between DNA and RNA structures? Explain the structure of DNA in detail.
5. What is Water microbiology? Explain it in detail.
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected by Soumen Roy