- 1) NIFTEM-MEAT, FISH AND POULTRY PRODUCT TECHNOLOGY-FST 311- midterm + End Semester Question Paper-DEC 2018-5th Sem
- 2) MIDTERM
- 3) PART B
- 4) PART C
- 5) END SEM
- 6) PART B
- 7) PART C
NIFTEM-MEAT, FISH AND POULTRY PRODUCT TECHNOLOGY-FST 311- midterm + End Semester Question Paper-DEC 2018-5th Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NIFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 1:30 hours
- Total Marks- 50
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (15 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 25 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 25 marks and 10 marks respectively. Have to attempt -Part B- 5 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 1 Questions of 10 marks. Time for Part-B and C is total of 01:05 hours.
Answer any 5 questions from the following-
1. Write a short note on physiochemical properties of meat.
2. Write in detail about the current status of the Indian meat industry with opportunities and challenges.
3. Explain in brief rigor mortis process and write a note on conditions observed during rigor mortis (except for PSE and DFD meat).
4. Give the composition of meat with suitable examples & compare between meat & veg diets
5. Briefly discuss the five important physical changes in fish during ice storage.
6. Explain in brief the tenderization of meat and methods of meat tenderization.
7. Explain the sarcoplasmic protein in terms of
(ii) Availability in the muscle (%)
(iii) Functional properties
Answer any 1 question from the following-
1. Explain in detail about microbiological spoilage of meat and methods of its detection.
2. Write in detail about slaughtering techniques and dressing operations of buffalo and
differentiate between PSE and DED meat
3. Write a short comparative note on each of the followings:
(a) Triglycerides and Phospholipids
(b) Expanded form of TVB-N, TBA, DMA, and EPA
(c) Fish freezing curve
(d) Freezing time models (only two models)
(e) Spawning cycle
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. Discuss slaughtering techniques for animals.
2. Discuss post mortem inspection of meat.
3. Draw a schematic diagram of skeletal muscle.
4. Discuss preventive measures for avoiding meat spoilage.
5. Elaborate on the changes which occur on the cooking of meat.
6. Discuss the packaging requirements for meat and meat products.
7. Draw egg structure and give its composition.
8. Enlist defects or abnormalities in eggs.
9. Write a note on “fish harvesting”.
10. Discuss the canning process for fish.
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. Discuss antemortem inspection and describe the various steps in slaughtering and dressing of animals.
2. Explain the biochemical changes during the conversion of muscle into meat after slaughtering.
3. Describe the different preservation techniques for meat and meat products.
4. Explain the spray drying process for the manufacturing of egg powder.
5. How fish oil is manufactured? Explain the various steps involved in fish oil production and its
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected and provided by Soumen Roy