NIFTEM-Physics- End Semester Question Paper Dec 2019- 1st year
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NIFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
- What is Nicol Prism? How it can polarise the light?
- Differentiate between free, damped and forced oscillations with examples.
- Explain and discuss the Meissner’s effect in superconducting materials.
- Explain and discuss Bragg’s Diffraction Law in crystallography.
- Give the description of the semiconductor laser.
- Discuss the applications of ultrasonic waves in food industries.
- Derive the time-independent Shrodinger’s Wave equation.
- Discuss the electrical and optical properties of Nano-structured materials.
- Discuss the effect of chronic exposure to radioactive radiations.
- What are nuclear radiation detectors? What is their basic principle?
- Explain Seebeck, Peltier and Thomson effects of Thermoelectricity and discuss the law of successive temperatures.
- State and prove Maxwell’s equations.
- Describe the principle, construction, and working of the piezo-electric method to produce ultrasonic waves.
- Give the description of the Sol-gel method for the synthesis of nanostructured materials.
- Describe the construction and working of G M counter.
Best of Luck !!
See other papers