- 1) NIFTEM-FOOD ADDITIVES AND INGREDIENTS-FST E06- Midterm + End Semester Question Paper Jun 2019- 6th Sem
- 2) MIDTERM
- 3) PART B
- 4) PART C
- 5) END SEM
- 6) PART B
- 7) PART C
NIFTEM-FOOD ADDITIVES AND INGREDIENTS-FST E06- Midterm + End Semester Question Paper Jun 2019- 6th Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NIFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 1:30 hours
- Total Marks- 50
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (15 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 25 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 25 marks and 10 marks respectively. Have to attempt -Part B- 5 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 1 Questions of 10 marks. Time for Part-B and C is total of 01:05 hours.
Answer any 5 questions from the following-
1. Write a short note on Hydrogenated Starch Hydrosylates.
2. Differentiate between nutritive and non-nutritive sweeteners.
3. Artificial sweeteners can reduce obesity. Comment.
4. Differentiate between Erythritol, Xylitol snd Lactitol.
5. How the safety of indirect additives is determined?
6. Write about the numbering system of food additives.
7. Briefly explain the safety determination of direct additives.
Answer any 1 question from the following-
1. What are artificial sweeteners? Why the use of these has increased multifold in processed foods?
2. Define additives as per FSSAI regulation. Give the classification of additives and write in brief.
3. Explain the metabolism of Aspartame in the body.
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. Lutein and lycopene —These belong to which class of food additives. Explain the role of this class of food additives in foods with an example.
2. Sugar alcohols — explain their role as a food additive with examples.
3. What is flavor emulsions and how these are prepared? Explain with example.
4. Write a short note on acidulants and their role in food formulations.
5. What are Protein hydrolysates? Describe their applications with examples.
6. Describe potent sweeteners and their applications with examples.
7. Explain the techniques for flavor analysis briefly.
8. What are oleoresins and describe comprehensively their extraction methods?
9. Write short notes on anthocyanins and their applications.
10. Describe modified starches and their application in food formulation.
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. What are the classes of food additives? Explain in detail each of these with examples.
2. Explain comprehensively — International numbering system for food additives.
3. Describe in detail the chemistry of hydrocolloids and their role in foods.
4. Write the effect of processing and storage on chlorophyll pigments in foods
5. Provide various types of flavors and their isolation/extraction methods in detail.
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected and provided by Soumen Roy