- 1) NIFTEM-POSTHARVEST MANAGEMENT OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES-AES E01- Midterm + End Semester Question Paper Jun 2019- 6th Sem
- 2) MIDTERM
- 3) PART B
- 4) PART C
- 5) END SEM
- 6) PART B
- 7) PART C
NIFTEM-POSTHARVEST MANAGEMENT OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES-AES E01- Midterm + End Semester Question Paper Jun 2019- 6th Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NIFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 1:30 hours
- Total Marks- 50
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (15 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 25 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 25 marks and 10 marks respectively. Have to attempt -Part B- 5 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 1 Questions of 10 marks. Time for Part-B and C is total of 01:05 hours.
Answer any 5 questions from the following-
1. Explain the external factors which affect the respiration and ethylene evolution rates of horticultural commodities.
2. What is Post-harvest technology? Why we need postharvest technology?
3. Differentiate between
(i) Modified atmospheres and controlled atmosphere storage
(ii) Chilling injury and freezing injury.
4. What are the different types/nature of postharvest losses observed in fruits and vegetables?
5. Write the common symptoms of chilling injury in fruits and vegetables?
6. Explain the climacteric phenomena in fruits with the help of suitable diagram.
7. Justify the statement — “Ethylene is a necessary evil in postharvest management of fruits and vegetables”
Answer any 1 question from the following-
1. Explain MAP? Write the types of MAP? Write the potential benefits and hazards of MAP along with the factors on which it depends?
2. Write in detail the importance and scope of postharvest management for fruits and vegetables with special reference to India.
3. What do you understand by Maturity indices? Explain the different types of maturity indices. Write maturity indices of Banana and Mango.
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. Why postharvest losses of fresh F& Vs are higher than cereals?
2. What do you understand by harvest and physiological maturity of vegetables? Discuss it with relation to radish and potato?
3. What do you understand by chilling injury and how the intensity of chilling injury can be reduced?
4. Write a note on thermal disinfestations of fruits and vegetables to prevent its postharvest decay losses.
5. What are the various pre-harvest factors that influence the postharvest quality and losses of fruits and vegetables?
6. What are the differences in primary processing for sorting and grading, at the farm and cluster level?
7. What are the various factors to be considered while determining the storability of mixed crop loads?
8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wax application? Name two commercially available wax formulations.
9. Discuss the various handling operations to reduce postharvest losses of F&Vs during transportation?
10. Write a short note on the packaging house operation for mangoes.
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. Discuss the various classes of vegetables on the basis of their postharvest morphological and physiological characters. How does such classification help in developing proper postharvest management practices?
2. What are the different methods adopted for determining the harvest maturity of fruits? Discuss the merits and demerits of each of these methods.
3. Discuss harvesting and postharvest operations for banana to be transported to a distant place.
4. What are the different methods used for precooling of F&Vs? Discuss the merits and demerits of each of the methods.
5. What are the various considerations while designing an ideal package for a specific fruit or vegetable? Discuss in relation to the nature of the fruit, storage conditions, and transportation.
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected and provided by Soumen Roy