- 1) NIFTEM-NOVEL FOOD PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY-FST321- Midterm + End Semester Question Paper Jun 2019- 6th Sem
- 2) MIDTERM
- 3) PART B
- 4) PART C
- 5) END SEM
- 6) PART B
- 7) PART C
NIFTEM-NOVEL FOOD PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY-FST321- Midterm + End Semester Question Paper Jun 2019- 6th Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NIFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 1:30 hours
- Total Marks- 50
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (15 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 25 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 25 marks and 10 marks respectively. Have to attempt -Part B- 5 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 1 Questions of 10 marks. Time for Part-B and C is total of 01:05 hours.
Answer any 5 questions from the following-
1. The dielectric loss constant and loss tangent for potato at a microwave frequency of 2450 MHz and 30 °C are 64 and 0.23, respectively. Determine the depth below the surface of the potato using the dual case of Lambert’s expression.
2. Mathematically explain the microbial membrane rupture theory during PEF treatment. Make necessary assumptions wherever required.
3. Define the term “hurdle technology” as per Lothar Listener? Explain hurdle as a non-thermal method of food preservation with suitable examples?
4. Draw a schematic diagram of intensifier assisted HP generation system and explain its spore inactivation principle.
5. What do you understand by the term EVA and PVA? Write about their suitability for pasteurization?
6. Describe the major five applications of ultrasound in food processing.
7. Explain the pressure-temperature relation with processing time during HP processing with the labeled plot.
Answer any 1 question from the following-
1. Drive the expression for the exit temperature of liquid food exiting an ohmic heater, assuming suitable and necessary assumptions. On the basis of the derived equation, solve the following question-
Sugarcane juice of 22 (%) Brix is being pumped through an ohmic heater at 0.4 kg/s with an inlet temperature of 25°C. The inside radius of the pipe is 0.035 m and it is 2.2 m long. The applied voltage is 10,000 VY. The overall heat transfer coefficient based on the inside pipe area is 195 Wine’. The surrounding temperature of the air is 20°C. Assume that the properties of the liquid food are similar to 0.1 M Sodium Phosphate solution. Determine the exit temperature of the liquid food.
Use below data if required-
2. Answer the followings
(a) Mano-thermo-sonication (MTS)
(c) Rectified diffusion
(d) Sponge effect in ultrasonic processing
(e) Auto-sterilization in hurdle approach
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. Explain about HPP? Discuss the main components of a high-pressure system.
2. Write a short note on PEF and what are processing parameters for pulse electric filed.
3. What are the principals involved in hurdles technology?
4. Discuss the fundamentals of ultrasound.
5. What is mean by freeze-drying? Mention its advantages and disadvantages.
6. What is mean by reverse osmosis and write any one application in food?
7. What is mean by freeze concentration? Write the application of microwave heating.
8. What is mean by ohmic heating? Explain its works?
9. Discuss the applications of the membrane process in the food industry.
10. Define and explain the use of radio-frequency in food processing
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. Write in detail about the HPP principle and its effects on preservation in food.
2. Discuss the PEF system and explain the mechanisms of PEF on microbial inactivation.
3. Write about ultrasound as food preservation.
4. Discuss in detail about microfiltration, with its advantages and disadvantages.
5. Write about the use of ultrasound as a processing aid and its role in food preservation?
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected and provided by Soumen Roy