NIFTEM-Eng. Properties of Food materials-ENG 124- End Semester Question Paper Jun 2017- 2nd Sem
The information shared below is only to get a rough idea of NFTEM’s end semester question paper pattern. However, questions proportion from the syllabus topics may vary every semester.
- Time- 3:00 hours
- Total Marks- 100
- Three parts A, B & C, in which Part A is compulsory of (30 marks) having Objective questions, MCQs, Fill in the blanks and matching type questions. Students have to answer the questions from Part-A on the paper itself. Time allotted for Part-A is 40 minutes
- Part B & part C consists of 40 marks and 30 marks respectively. Part B- 8 questions of 5 marks each & Part C- 3 Questions of 10 marks each. Time for Part-B and C is total of 2:20 hours.
Answer any 8 questions from the following-
1. Explain the determination of Specific gravity by the Pycnometer method.
2. Define the following-
- Apparent viscosity and Dynamic viscosity
- Particle density and Apparent density
3. Define terminal velocity and derive an expression for it.
4. Write short notes on the Hysteresis effect.
5. Write short notes on the mechanical properties and significance of biological materials.
6. Write a short note on Water activity.
7. How do you determine the thermal conductivity of grains and food materials?
8. Write a short note on Specific heat and Thermal Diffusivity.
9. Differentiate Angle of Repose and Angle of Internal Friction.
10. What is the Thermal Conductivity of Food? How does it change with the moisture and temperature in food?
Answer any 3 questions from the following-
1. Classify the engineering properties of food and biomaterials? Describe the roundness and sphericity of a food particle and the platform scale method for measuring density if irregularly shaped food?
2. (a) Define Moisture content and explain the methods of its determination
(b) Convert 210%M.C. (d.b) to Wet basis (w.b)
3. What are Newtonian and Non-Newtonian Fluids? Explain different Non- Newtonian Fluids with the help of diagrams and examples.
4. Explain the Dielectric properties of food material. Also, give one application in the food industry.
5. Explain L*a*b* system of measuring color and explain hue and chroma.
Best of Luck !!
See other papers
Source- Question Papers collected by Soumen Roy